UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has been forced to go back under the knife, as "The Dominator's" body rejected the first cadaver for his torn ACL. Eric DelFierro, the trainer for Cruz, told MMAjunkie.com that it will be another six-to-nine months before Cruz returns to action.
"He's pissed and disappointed," DelFierro said. "But I think he's doing better now. Once he talked to the doctor and found out what was going on, he felt much better."
Cruz had both his ACL and MCL's replaced, and the MCL ligament held up fine. The ACL, however, did not, and forced Cruz back to the operating table.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.