UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has been inside the cage with both Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson. The two flyweights will face off to become the first-ever UFC 125-pound champion this Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
Cruz was proclaimed the first-ever UFC bantamweight champion after the WEC was folded and the fighters were brought into the UFC. Currently, "The Dominator" is rehabbing a knee injury.
"As the first-ever UFC bantamweight champion, I know the pride they will fight with to become the first-ever UFC flyweight champion," Cruz said. "Being the first-ever champion in the weight category is history. Everyone who ever holds the belt in the next 20, 30, 100 years will be following you. I expect them to fight their hearts out to put their name down as the George Washington of 125 pounds."
Cruz (19-1) defeated Johnson via unanimous decision back in 2011, while he scored a split decision victory over Benavidez in 2010.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"If I had to choose a winner, I would go with Benavidez inside the distance," Cruz said. "But, once we get past round two, I think DJ will take over the fight and he could win this on points."
- Video: UFC Offers Up 'Thank You' To Fans
- Chael Sonnen Favors Brian Stann Over Michael Bisping
- Tito Ortiz Discusses Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Bout
- Fuel TV Running Special Viewer's Choice Week For UFC
- Ratings Come In For TUF 16: Carwin Vs. Nelson
- Inaugural ONE FC Lightweight Championship Fight Announced
- Brian Stann - No Doubt In His Mind He's Being Overlooked
- Sarah Kaufman Out Of Invicta FC Debut
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline