UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz would like nothing more than to be ready to unify the title with interim UFC champion Renan Barao in a matter of weeks. Following knee surgery, however, Cruz can't do that.
During a recent appearance on Inside MMA, "The Dominator" discussed his timeframe as far as a return goes, and what it will take to defeat Barao.
"I'm doing great, since the surgery and rehab. I'm six weeks out of surgery. I'm ahead of schedule, where I should be (right now)," Cruz said. "I won't be able to speed up the process for another three weeks (when the cast is removed). If it was up to me, I'd be fighting tomorrow but the doctor says, 'Your knee won't be ready tomorrow.' So I say, 'Okay, doc, I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks.'"
Barao will present a formidable challenge, as he defeated Urijah Faber for the interim title. Cruz, however, says, "I have the answer for the way Barao fights. I present a lot of problems to anyone in the division."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Alan Belcher Accepts Vitor Belfort's Challenge
- Michael Bisping Happy To Be Fighting Brian Stann On Neutral Territory
- Rory MacDonald "Excited" To Be Fighting In Canada Again
- Joseph Benavidez Not Amused By Michael Bisping's Comments
- Dominick Cruz Wants To Fight Soon, But Leaving That In Hands Of Professionals
- UFC 152 Receives Welterweights Seth Baczynski, Simeon Thoresen
- Jacob Volkmann-Shane Roller Added To UFC 151
- Chael Sonnen Tries To "Encourage" Urijah Faber
- Rory MacDonald Planning To Hurt BJ Penn
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline