"I like to think that they would take me to the UFC regardless of the outcome of my next fight, but if I have a dominating performance in January, they will not have another option," said Ryan to TATAME.
Ryan is son of UFC hall of famer Randy Couture (19-11). With the exception of his debut, Randy has fought solely out of Strikeforce where he has suffered his only loss. He is undefeated this year with two wins and is coming off his second split decision victory.
"I regard this as the most important fight of my career," said Ryan.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Couture vs. Noons takes place January 12 from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.