Does Anderson Silva Want to Fight Jon Jones?
The decision to compete at 205 pounds for a third time is just to help fill the main event void for the card. Silva was asked during a conference call on Thursday if he would remain at light heavyweight and potentially face Jon Jones.
"There's always been a lot of talk about me moving up to 205. I know Dana (White) has talked about it, and all the fans have talked about me facing Jon Jones," Silva said, "but it's something I've never wanted."
Silva wants to continue to dominate at middleweight, adding, "my weight class is 185 and I'm 37 years old. I feel I need to be honest and continue to build what I've built, and that is keep defending my belt."
- Anderson Silva Not Staying At Light Heavyweight
- WSOF Completes Initial Fight Card Lineup
- Healthy Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Excited For Return At UFC 153
- Stephan Bonnar Ready To Go "Postal" Right Now
- Dennis Hallman On His Decision To Not Fight Friday
- Bellator 75 Weigh-In Results
- UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Silva Weigh-In Results
- Gabriel Gonzaga-Geronimo Dos Santos Off UFC 153
- Bjorn Rebney Believes Eddie Alvarez Headed To UFC
- Cub Swanson Takes Back Jose Aldo Comment, Says It Was Meant For Jens Pulver
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.