Former Strikeforce women's champion Miesha Tate has denied turning down any proposed fight with Ronda Rousey.
It was announced by UFC president Dana White on Thursday that Rousey will make her first title defense inside the Octagon in February at UFC 157 against Liz Carmouche. Both Rousey and White hinted at several other fighters turning down the opportunity, as Rousey praised Carmouche for taking the fight.
Tate, who lost the title to Rousey in Strikeforce earlier this year, responded to those claims on Twitter late Thursday night.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: BJ Penn, Rory MacDonald Exchange Verbal Threats
- Jake Shields Calls Out Johny Hendricks, Hendricks Responds
- Miesha Tate Denies Turning Down Fight With Ronda Rousey
- Bellator 83 Weigh-In Results: Featherweight Finals Set
- Johny Hendricks Makes Plea For UFC Welterweight Title Shot
- GSP-Nick Diaz The Likely Next Match, According To Dana White
- Dana White "Happy" UFC On Fox 5 Avoided Any Main Card Injuries
- BJ Penn-Rory MacDonald Ready To Exchange Blows At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.