Dennis Bermudez didn't let his loss to Diego Brandao in the finals of The Ultimate Fighter cause him to become frustrated. Instead, Bermudez has won his two Octagon appearances since, including a submission victory over Tommy Hayden Saturday night at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II.
Bermudez, who was submitted by Brandao for the TUF title late in 2011, used a kick to the chest to set up a standing guillotine choke that forced Hayden to tap.
"Everybody back home told me to go out, let him tag you then start to fight, Bermudez laughed. "I want to thank my jiu-jitsu coach, as we have been working on (the standing choke)."
Bermudez picked up the Submission of the Season on TUF 14 with a choke-out victory. He has earned two submission triumphs now in his career.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.