Johnson, who packs quite the power into his flyweight frame, discussed his nutrition with UFC.com recently. Despite being just a few weeks out from the fight with Benavidez, "Mighty Mouse" doesn't avoid all bad foods.
"I had a frosty the other night (from Wendy's) and my weight is still low," Johnson said. "Right now, I'm walking around 141, 142 (pounds), which is right where I need to be three weeks out from the fight. I don't deprive my body of what it wants naturally. I enjoy my Wendy's, Burger King and Jack-In-The-Box. I have a sweet tooth, so I eat a lot of frozen yogurt."
Johnson defeated Ian McCall to position himself in the match with Benavidez. Johnson says he usually eats healthy, and just cuts "a lot of the bad stuff out" when he needs to get down to weight.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I don't need a diet or a dietician, it's just eating smart," Johnson said. "You don't want to deprive your body of everything because, in my mind, you need that sugar and all that stuff."
- UFC Gearing Up For Japan-Based Series Of Events In 2013
- Jon Jones Asks Rashad Evans If He Is Becoming A "Brother" To Vitor Belfort
- Anderson Silva Admits He Didn't Finish Thales Leites Because "He's A Friend"
- Amanda Nunes-Cat Zingano Added To Strikeforce Event In September
- "Countdown To UFC 152" Debuts September 18
- TUF Vet Josh Ferguson Released From UFC
- Update On King Mo's Knee Injury, Timetable For Return
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.