Dave Herman was given a six-month suspension by the UFC, and ordered to attend a drug rehabilitation program following his positive drug test for marijuana. Herman's failed test came after a loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira last month in Brazil at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar.
The suspension was confirmed by MMAjunkie.com in an email with Marc Ratner, the UFC's vice president of regulatory affairs. The UFC used a third-party testing company to administer the tests as there is no athletic commission in Brazil.
For Herman (21-5), this is the second such failed drug test. He also failed a pre-fight test prior to a planned fight with Mike Russow.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.