Dave Herman doesn't seem to have any issue speaking his mind. Herman, who will face Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Saturday night at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar, made sure to let everyone know how he feels about Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
"He's won 20 fights by submission - but we all know BJJ doesn't work," Herman said. "It's useless. Wrestling means you don't need to worry about jiu-jitsu. I've never lost by submission and I am not worried about it at all."
Herman has dropped two straight bouts after going 6-1 over a two-year span. He was defeated by Roy Nelson and Stefan Struve.
"This is my biggest fight to date," Nogueira said. "He is a legend and will look great on my record."
- Anderson Silva's "Focus" Is On GSP Super-Fight
- Jon Fitch Not Ready To Step To The Side In Welterweight Division
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Is "Useless," According To Dave Herman
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Confident He Will Finish Dave Herman At UFC 153
- Vinny Magalhaes: UFC Fighter And Master Prognosticator
- Anderson Silva Feeling Excited For UFC 153 Fight With Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.