Daniel Cormier could whine and cry about fighting for Strikeforce once more after claiming the grand prix title. While his stock is as high as it has ever been, Cormier isn't that kind of person.
"In a perfect world, I would love that fight (with Junior dos Santos for the UFC heavyweight title). I mean, who doesn't want to fight for the most prestigious belt in mixed martial arts?" said Cormier, while appearing on MMA Weekly Radio. "But right now, my loyalties are to Scott Coker and the people at Strikeforce and Showtime. They've taken care of me for two-and-a-half years, and treated me well."
Cormier defeated Josh Barnett in the finals, and even UFC president Dana White has mentioned "DC" as a worthy challenger to the belt once he does arrive in the UFC. Cormier is a former Olympic wrestler who earned his way to the finals of the GP with a knockout victory over Antonio Silva.
- UFC 146 Drug Tests Come Back Clean
- Report: Thiago Silva Out Of Planned Fight With Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
- Quick Shots: Bellator Signs DeLorenzi, Strikeforce Tix, Parisyan Note, Grove, UFC 147 Poster
- Rich Franklin Discusses Facing Wanderlei Silva At UFC 147
- Daniel Cormier Is Fine With Fighting For Strikeforce One More Time
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Miesha Tate, Mark Bocek, Trevor Wittman Will Stop By
- Josh Koscheck Says He Was "Asked" By UFC To Talk About BJ Penn Fight
- Kenny Florian Makes His Retirement Official
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale" Weigh-Ins: Main Event, TUF Finale Official
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.