Cormier, who will face Mir in November at Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir, recently told Bloody Elbow that he would enjoy the opportunity to coach opposite UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones on The Ultimate Fighter.
"I know a situation that helps out everyone. Give Jon a challenge that he doesn't get from most guys, a nd that's something I present," Cormier said. "Hopefully, him and I get through our next fight. At the beginning of the year, let us coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. That gives me time to actually get my weight down, and in the summer time, we fight."
Cormier missed out on competing in the Olympics after issues with cutting weight, but believes he can get down to 205 if given the time. He said he weighed around 229 during training for his last fight, weighing in at 238.
"If he offered me a fight down there against Jon Jones, and gave me some time to get the weight off safely, shoot, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat," Cormier said. "I want big fights."
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline