Daniel Cormier was given a front-row-seat for Jon Jones' fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort this past weekend in Toronto. Cormier, who has mentioned fighting Jones down the road, gave his view of the performance on Twitter Monday.
"People saying sat night gives (light heavyweight) div hope. I disagree. Jon Jones showed that he loves being the champ and everything that comes with it," Cormier wrote. "Someone will have to take his belt. He isn't giving it up. Most men would have tapped to that armbar. Love him (or) hate him Jones is a (great) champ."
Cormier is expected to join Jones in the ranks of the UFC soon. "DC" was slated to meet Frank Mir in November, but Mir was injured and forced out of the fight. Strikeforce has said they will replace Mir, but nothing has been made official yet.
Jones earned his fourth title defense by submitting Belfort in the fourth round. Belfort locked in a deep armbar early in the fight, but "Bones" was able to power his way out. There has been no update on the damage done to the right arm of Jones.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.