Daniel Cormier just won the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix title. And, while he will likely be going under the knife for surgery to repair a broken hand, he is already thinking about his next opponent.
"I think if there is a plus-one nad Zuffa's going to send someone over it is going to have to be someone that is very good, you know?" said Cormier, while appearing on The MMA Hour recently. "Maybe (Shane) Carwin, as he's coming back. Or, if one of the guys loses from the (UFC 146) card this weekend."
Cormier defeated Josh Barnett in the tourney finals to improve to a 10-0 in his MMA career. He also said, "There are not many guys that are a step up from that Josh Barnett that showed up on Saturday."
Zuffa, Strikeforce and the UFC have said there will be one more fight for Cormier in Strikeforce, with "DC" than coming into the UFC's heavyweight division. For now, we will play the guessing game as far as who Cormier will fight next.
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
- Cesar Gracie Speaks Out On NSAC's Suspension Of Nick Diaz
- Welterweight Hendricks “Would Love To Wait” For GSP
- Carwin "Positive" He Will Be Medically Cleared To Fight
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
- Paul Taylor Out, Rafael Dos Anjos In To Face Anthony Njokuani At "UFC On FUEL 4"
- Anderson Silva Plans To Remain At Middleweight, Leave 205 To Training Partners
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.