UFC president Dana White has seen enough injuries over the past several months to make him cringe each time his phone rings. With UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz set for December 8, White made a plea to the fighters on the card during a recent conference call.
"Tone your training down a little bit," White said. "Let's not get anybody injured this last week-and-a-half."
The card features UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson defending his title against Nate Diaz. Also, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will face Alexander Gustafsson, and BJ Penn returns to meet Rory MacDonald.
The Penn-MacDonald match is a re-scheduled bout, as MacDonald was forced out of the first planned meeting after a training injury. White added that "it's tough to keep a card together," but said the plans for future Fox cards is to "put the best fights we could possibly put on Fox."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC On Fox: Johnson Vs. Dodson will take place in January, and will also feature a title match, as UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson defends his title against John Dodson.
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.