UFC president Dana White was all smiles during Thursday's pre-fight press conference for UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz. Maybe it was that White was ready to break the Ronda Rousey news, or maybe it was just because he finally saw a planned main card stay together.
The UFC has had issues for the past several months when it comes to announcing fights and having to re-schedule them due to injuries. This card, which goes down Saturday night, is the first in a while that has remained intact.
"You know how happy I am to be up here, standing with all the guys that were picked to fight on the card," White said. "We loved the card. Fox loved the card. The fans loved the card. The fact that it stayed together....I am gonna make sure nobody falls of this (expletive) podium)."
The event features UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson defending his title against Nate Diaz in the main event. Former UFC champions Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and BJ Penn will each be in action, taking on rising stars Alexander Gustafsson and Rory MacDonald. Matt Brown and Mike Swick round out the four-fight Fox-televised portion of the evening.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Press Conference Set For 3 PM ET/Noon PT
- Gilbert Melendez In Negotiations With UFC
- Early Reports Of Ronda Rousey-Cris Cyborg At UFC 157 Denied By Cyborg
- Michelle Gutierrez Off Bellator 84, Patricia Vidonic Named As Replacement
- Joe Lauzon Volunteers His UFC 155 Fight With Jim Miller For New Co-Main Event
- Ronaldo Souza Grateful For Spot On Strikeforce Card
- Bellator 84 Championship Fight Pulled
- TUF: Smashes Lightweight Final Now Set
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.