UFC president Dana White has guaranteed that he can pair Anderson Silva and Georges St-Pierre together in a super-fight between champions. However, that bout appears to be a dream for now, as GSP has signed to face Nick Diaz in 2013.
White, though, is not giving up hope for such fights between champions in the future, including a potential Silva-Jon Jones bout.
"I truly believe - and (GSP's) got to get through Diaz and then possibly (Johny) Hendricks - but I honestly believe that before Anderson Silva retires, he will fight Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones," said White (thanks to ESPN.com for the quotes).
Silva is currently on a fighting hiatus, as he appears poised to return to the Octagon this coming summer. White has mentioned Michael Bisping as a potential opponent should "The Count" get past Vitor Belfort at UFC On FX: Belfort Vs. Bisping next month.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.