"Reports I've heard is that it was better than we thought," said White, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "Not that good (that he could compete in December), but we'll see. I don't know all the details yet, but it's nothing horrible - or I would've heard already."
Jones was issued an indefinite suspension by the Ontario Athletic Commission following the fight. However, he can be cleared of that by a medical doctor.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
White added that "Bones" will see his own doctor first before the UFC brings him out for an exam, adding, "It doesn't seem like it's going to be that bad. Believe me, if it was going to be that (long), he'd be in some serious pain and we'd know. I don't think it's going to be that bad - which is amazing, considering that armbar."
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.