UFC president Dana White may not always make the most popular decision, but he does listen to the MMA fans on a number of important matters.
After announcing Saturday's main event at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera between Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Brandon Vera would determine the next contender at 205 pounds, White has changed his mind. Now, the co-main event - which features light heavyweights Lyoto Machida and Ryan Bader - will also factor in to the decision.
"When the fans speak, we listen. So, whoever scores the best win, whoever gets the fans excited by going out there on Saturday and looking the most impressive, he will get the winner of (Jon) Jones vs. (Dan) Henderson," White said. "It is down to what these four guys do Saturday night in the Octagon. Winning isn't enough; they've got to win impressively. Any one of these four fighters can take things into their own hands and make a title shot happen."
Jones and Henderson compete later this year, with "Bones" seeking his fourth successful title defense. Jones has defeated all four fighters involved in Saturday's bouts.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Report: Jon Fitch, Erick Silva Added To UFC 153
- John Dodson Vs. Jussier Da Silva At UFC On FX 5
- UFC Prepping Alexander Gustafsson For Major Fight
- Lyoto Machida Not Concerned With Decision To Make Rua-Vera No. 1 Contender Match
- Patricky Pitbull To Face Eddie Alvarez This October In Bellator
- Ryan Bader Feels Like He Is In The Thick Of Light Heavyweight Title Talk
- Jon Jones Responds To News Of Rua-Vera Becoming No. 1 Contender Match
- High Stakes Added To UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera Main Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline