Rumors of the planned Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis UFC lightweight tilt taking place at UFC on Fox 5 this December were proven wrong by a credible source. The person denying the fight was UFC president Dana White.
"So (expletive) far from being the truth," said White, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com.
Cerrone (19-4-1) and Pettis (15-2) have been waging a verbal war in the past few weeks. Cerrone cemented his place in the 155-pound division with a victory over Melvin Guillard recently.
Pettis, meanwhile, continues to recover from shoulder surgery. He has mentioned late fall as a likely return timetable for him.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC on Fox 5 is currently a stacked card, with Benson Henderson set to defend his UFC lightweight title against Nate Diaz in the main event. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Alexander Gustafsson is the co-main event, while BJ Penn takes on Rory MacDonald in another featured bout.
- Michael Bisping Sounds Off On Fighters Who Use TRT
- Plans For Donald Cerrone-Anthony Pettis At UFC On Fox 5 Untrue, Says Dana White
- Marcus Aurelio Out Of Bellator 73 With Injury, Kelvin Tiller In
- Royce Gracie Says His Father Wanted Him To Highlight Jiu-Jitsu At Early UFC Shows
- Jared Rosholt Returns To Action For The First Time In Over A Year
- Javier Mendez Says “The Team Got Stronger After Koscheck Left”
- Chris Weidman Feels Anderson Silva’s Management Has "Downplayed" Him
- Felice Herring Turned To MMA As She Never Wanted To Stop Competing
- Before Named No. 1 Contender Lyoto Machida Wanted Conclusion To Maurício Rua Trilogy
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline