UFC president Dana White was asked during a recent fan chat if he can put UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones inside the same Octagon. White, as he said before, made a bold proclamation.
"I said it in Brazil, and I'll say it again: Hell yes, they will (face each other)," White said. "I guarantee you that fight will absolutely happen."
In recent weeks, both Silva and Jones have grown more open to the possible super-fight. "The Spider," however, remains focused in on a match with Georges St-Pierre, the UFC welterweight champ, first. White said that both matches would be great for the promotion.
"(Silva) can fight Georges St-Pierre, and he can fight Jon Jones," White added. "They both make sense."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
St-Pierre is currently set to face Carlos Condit next month at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit, while Jones is locked in as a coach on The Ultimate Fighter for several months. He is expected to meet Chael Sonnen in April.
- Kenny Florian: Frankie Edgar Has A Chance Vs. Jose Aldo
- Alistair Overeem An Undeserving Challenger, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Dana White Guarantees Anderson Silva-Jon Jones Will Happen
- Jon Jones Brings In Frank Mir As Part Of TUF Coaching Staff
- Another Change To UFC 154 Fight Card Results In John Maguire-Matt Riddle
- Chris Weidman Confirms He Is Safe, House Hit Hard By Storm
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.