Leonard Garcia will be given the Dan Hardy-treatment by UFC officials, as there are no plans to cut Garcia despite a fourth straight loss. Garcia was defeated by Max Holloway Saturday night at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II.
"There's no way in hell we're cutting Leonard Garcia," said White during the post-fight press conference.
White said that Sean Shelby, one of the matchmakers who focuses on the lighter divisions, came up to White after the bout and asked that they not cut Garcia (15-10-1).
Garcia has gone just 3-7-1 in his last 11 fights since a victory over Jens Pulver in 2008. But, White cited his willingness to always lay it on the line as a reason for keeping him on the active roster.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Garcia also accepted Holloway as a replacement for Cody McKenzie after McKenzie was injured in training. Holloway (7-1) is considered a rising prospect in the division.
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.