UFC president Dana White was in a foul mood duing a post-fight interview with FUEL TV Saturday night after UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao. When asked about some officiating issues on the card, White gave a powerful comment.
"Officiating these days is gonna kill combat sports," White said. "We are talking about experienced (refs) doing this for a long time. It's not just MMA, boxing too (is having issues with officials)."
White was critical during the Cheick Kongo-Shawn Jordan contest, as he felt like referee Yves Lavigne should have made them engage more than he did.
"The reffing in that fight was disgusting," White said. "This isn't the Ultimate Clinching Championship. It's the refs job to make them fight. That entire third round, Yves Lavigne let them clinch against the fence."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
White also made comments about the performance by several fighters on the main card, citing the prelim card as carrying the event. He added that he felt like the anger towards the main event between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao wouldn't have been so much, "if the undercard didn't suck so bad."
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline