While Edgar, the former UFC Lightweight Champion, believes his reign as champ and tough opponents signify he belongs at 155 lbs., White interprets the New Jersey native's record as proof that he could go on a tear in the UFC's featherweight division.
"I think these rematches have proved that Frankie Edgar is very tough and durable," said White. "I believe that he should be at 145 lbs., he doesn't agree with me.
"To be honest, the fact that I believe he belongs at 145 lbs. and the fact that he's held the title, and you look at the list of guys he's beat at 155 lbs., the guy's an incredible fighter, a tough durable fighter. Boy, would he shine at 145, but he wants to stay at '55," opined White at a UFC 150 presser.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Edgar, who reportedly walks around at close to 160 lbs., would likely have little difficulty making the 10 to 15 lb. cut to featherweight. However, with a rematch with Benson Henderson for the UFC Lightweight Championship, scheduled for early August, it does not appear Edgar is going to make the drop to 145 lbs. any time soon.
- Chael Sonnen Will Find A Way To Win Against Silva
- Video: Anderson Silva Channels Inner Michael Jackson For Rolling Stone Cover
- Tito Ortiz Pegs Jon Jones As The Man To Break His Title Run Record
- Dos Santos' Manager Says UFC 152 Too Early For Velasquez Rematch
- Jason Miller Critiques Chael Sonnen's Promos
- Benson Henderson Eying Anderson Silva's Record
- Dana White Still Wants To See Frankie Edgar At 145 Lbs.
- Forrest Griffin Says He'll Retire "From Life" If He Loses To Tito Ortiz
- Video: "UFC 150" Kickoff Press Conference
- Mike Pierce Has Recent Win Changed To Unanimous Decision
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.