In this case, the numbers might not tell all. UFC president Dana White says his company - and FOX - are not concerned with the rating numbers for The Ultimate Fighter: Live. White, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com, said no one is ready to hit the panic button yet.
"Far from it," White said. "Spirits are high around here. Everything is good."
"There's so many things that are involved in those numbers," White said. "I didn't expect to jump on FX and do 3.5 million viewers right out of the gate. But here's the thing: The format is awesome. It's perfect. We've got a great season, and we're going to build this thing."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Bob Arum Has Doubts About The UFC's Deal With FOX
- WMMA Primer: 14-Year-Old Karo Parisyan Beats Up A Grown Man In Mexico
- Bryan Caraway Vs. Mitch Gagnon Scheduled For UFC 149
- Video: Cruz Makes Fun Of Faber's Frozen Moment On "TUF: Live"
- Cesar Gracie Gives Nick Diaz Update: "I'm Not Letting This Guy Quit"
- Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen Rematch Official For UFC 147 In Brazil
- Video: Frank Mir Not Down For Fight With Fabricio Werdum In Brazil
- "TUF: Live" Winner Justin Lawrence Far From Happy With Performance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.