Dana White wouldn't confirm or deny if Barnett was on his radar.
"Strikeforce still got a fight coming up, and that whole thing is going on," said White. "So we'll see what happens. When the smoke clears and the dust settles, we'll see what happens with the whole thing."
After winning the UFC's heavyweight title in 2002, Barnett was stripped of it for testing positive for banned substances. That marked Barnett's final UFC appearance to date.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Barnett will meet Nandor Guelmino (11-3-1) at Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine on January 12. The show airs from the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, OK on Showtime.
- Initial Ratings Strong For UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz
- Sara McMann Denies Ronda Rousey Rumor
- Tamikka Brents Flaunts Her LGBT Community Presence
- Video: Rory MacDonald Vs. BJ Penn From UFC On Fox 5
- Video: Highlights From Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Vs. Alexander Gustafsson At UFC On Fox 5
- UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz Live Gate, Attendance Figures
- Benson Henderson To Rest Of Lightweight Division: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"
- Rory MacDonald Upset He Didn't Finish BJ Penn, Discusses Carlos Condit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.