During The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale, commercials for rival Bellator aired during intermissions. Dana White understands the move by Bellator as a simple business maneuver and didn't have any ill words about the commercial.
"They're doing the stuff they feel they have to do to get some recognition or whatever," said White. "I don't blame them. I would too, if I was them. I'd be looking at everything I could to try to make myself look like the UFC or advertise anywhere near the UFC. I don't blame them."
Bellator officially leaves MTV2 for Spike TV starting in January. The UFC called Spike TV home for several years before leaving in late 2011 for FOX. Bellator 85 from the Bren Events Center will be the promotion's first appearance on the new TV station. The January 14 card will feature the featherweight and lightweight titles being defended.
"What you can do is what they're doing – they go into the local markets and they buy local advertising," said White. "It's not a big deal. More power to them."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.