Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar was on the wrong end of a split decision Saturday night at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II. Benson Henderson successfully defended his title by scoring a victory, leaving Edgar to ponder his future.
UFC president Dana White was asked about what could be next for Edgar after the post-fight press conference in Denver.
"I don't know," White told FightLine during the usual media scrum. "It's tough. That division is so stacked. It needs to be unclogged and fights need to happen."
Anthony Pettis was set to contend for the belt last year, but never received his shot because Edgar and Gray Maynard fought to a draw. A third meeting was scheduled between the two, then Edgar worked his way into a rematch.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I love and respect Frankie Edgar. We gave him what he wanted because he's always been there for us," White said. "Henderson did the same thing and gave him an immediate rematch. There are lots of other guys he would love to fight. I respect them both. Ben won two (fights with Edgar); he's the man."
The likely destination for Edgar is featherweight, as many feel he would be a natural in the division. The division is currently ruled by Jose Aldo, who will defend his belt later this year against Erik Koch.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.