UFC president Dana White said that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones knew that by not accepting a fight with Chael Sonnen at UFC 151, the card was going to be canceled. Earlier this week, Jones said he was not told of such matters.
"The fact that he says he didn't know the show would get canceled is false," said White, during an interview on Fuel TV following weigh-ins for UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. "There was a lot of collateral damage, and we will see how this goes (his upcoming first meeting with Jones). He needs to take this a little more serious than he has. I don't know if he's embarrassed, but he needs to take this thing a little more serious than he has."
White didn't attend the pre-fight press conference earlier in the week when Jones was making these remarks. The UFC boss, who was down with Meniere's disease, added that, "we'll see what he says (when we are face-to-face)."
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline