UFC president Dana White appeared on the Jim Rome Show Friday and confirmed that Ronda Rousey has signed with the UFC. The news was first reported last week, but this is the first time someone with the UFC has confirmed it.
"Yes, it's official, Ronda Rousey has signed with the UFC," White said. "She has the whole package. The credentials. The pedigree. I was never interested in women's MMA for two reasons: there wasn't enough talent in any of the weight divisions and we never had a female athlete with the whole package."
White continued to say Rousey is "a Diaz brother on the inside," while remarking she is "beautiful on the outside."
Rousey is the current Strikeforce female bantamweight champion. Initial reports said she will enter the UFC has a champion, but that has yet to be confirmed.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Cyborg Knew Females Would Make It To The UFC Roster
- Dan Severn’s Retirement Plan Remains The Same
- Carlos Condit Promises To Improve, Return After UFC 154 Loss
- Dana White Reiterates Plans To Make GSP-Anderson Silva Happen
- Jake Ellenberger Pleads For Match With Johny Hendricks
- Nick Diaz "Not Impressed" By GSP's Performance At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.