Even though he's just beaten his arch-rival and the man considered to be his stiffest opposition at light heavyweight, young champion Jonny "Bones" Jones' job is far from done.
Adding to the murderer's row of opponents Jones has faced since taking the belt from Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is the man he's next slated to take on in defense of his title: Dan Henderson. A veteran who's honed his skills in both Pride and the UFC, Henderson is as tough a test as Jones is likely to get in his championship career.
The 41-year-old's boxing coach, Gustavo Pugliesi, recently spoke to Tatame about his pupil's upcoming title shot against the dynamically efficient Jones, warning Hendo will be looking to combat Jones' formidable reach and skill with his devastating right hand (at least I think that's what he's getting at, Tatame's translations are… not always clear).
"I don't hope for anything less than a knockout, but it's not easy on Hendo. He's putting his hands on him, buddy," said Pugliesi. "If he didn't have this advantage things would be much simpler, even because he has many flaws on his defensive system. But there's no unbeatable reach you can't win with patience and calm."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
What do you guys think? Is the H-Bomb any answer for Jones' pterodactyl wingspan, or will Bones run away with another title defense? Let us know what you think in the comments section.
- Robert Drysdale: Frank Mir Can Out-Strike Junior Dos Santos
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Weigh-In Results
- Kimbo Slice 5-0 As A Boxer After Another Squash Match
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Korean Zombie Vs. Poirier" Final Card, Live Coverage Tomorrow
- "TUF: Brazil" Recap: Team Vitor Improves To 6-1
- Gegard Mousasi Recovering From Torn ACL
- Ex-TUF Fighter Vinny Magalhaes Puts His M-1 Global Title Up For Grabs
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Blog For "UFC 147"
- Live Video Of The UFC On FUEL Weigh-Ins At 4PM ET/1PM PT
- Dustin Poirier: "Fans Can Expect Everything From Me, Even The Kitchen Sink"
- UFC On Fuel TV 4 Gets Three More Fights
- Jeremy Stephens Wants To Break Donald Cerrone
- Bjorn Rebney Still Predicts Lombard Will Take UFC Belt
- Dana White Reacts To Nick Diaz's No-Show
- Big Nog: Frank Mir Is Not "Deserving To Be Champion"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.