Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida appear to have a date for their possible No. 1 contender match, as Henderson told MMA Uncensored Live Thursday that they will collide at UFC 156: Aldo Vs. Edgar. The card is set for February 2 from Las Vegas.
"I was told that it should be Super Bowl weekend," Henderson said.
Henderson was scheduled to face Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title this past September after waiting several months for his shot at the belt. However, a knee injury suffered in training forced "Hendo" out.
Machida, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, was named the No. 1 contender after defeating Ryan Bader. "The Dragon," though, turned down a short-notice bout with Jones and UFC president Dana White has said he is no longer at the top of the list as far as contenders go.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Challenge Placed Against David Batista
- Details Emerge On DREAM-GLORY Event
- Frankie Edgar On Aldo: "I'm Going To Have To Push Him And Test His Mettle"
- Bellator Removes Dan McGuane From Card Due To Manslaughter Arrest
- Fabricio Werdum Excited To Avenge Previous Loss To "Minotauro" Nogueira
- Miesha Tate: Don’t Give Ronda Rousey All The Credit
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.