"When Lorenzo and I went to dinner with [Henderson], when he came to get his knee checked, he was like 'I thought for sure you guys were going to tell me I have to fight,'" said White on MMA Junkie. "We don't do that to anybody. We've never in the history of this company told somebody that they have to fight. We don't make people fight."
As per the guidelines, Henderson had to see the company's doctor to see the severity of the injury. The doctor said Henderson could fight, but he advised against it and thought surgery should take place.
"We don't do that," said White. "If guys want to fight, they can fight. If they don't, we would never force a guy to fight."
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
- TUF: India Is Groundbreaking For MMA Says Lorenzo Fertitta
- Georges St-Pierre: Same Division, New Faces
- Curtis Brigham Returns After Eight Year Layoff
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline