Dan Henderson still wants to wear that UFC championship that has eluded him for his entire career. After a knee injury knocked Henderson out of a UFC 151 light heavyweight title match with Jon Jones, "Hendo" still feels as though he is the top contender.
During an impromptu Q&A session on Twitter, Henderson was asked if he believes his next fight will be the winner of Jones vs. Vitor Belfort, which takes place September 22 at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
"I'd like to think so," Henderson replied.
The former Strikeforce champion was also asked about his timetable for a return, in which Henderson wrote, "I'll be training hard again in a month. He added that he would "love the opportunity" to face Jones.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Henderson avoided surgery on his injured knee, and has targeted a return of late 2012 to his agenda.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline