Dan Henderson remains in control of his UFC future, as the former Strikeforce champion holds a No. 1 contender card he can cash in at his discretion. However, with the recent Alistair Overeem news, some have been asking if Henderson might try to go after the UFC heavyweight title that Junior dos Santos wears.
Well, on his Twitter account, Henderson answered that question by saying, "For sure," when asked if he would take the fight with dos Santos if offered.
It remains likely that Frank Mir will be the one to step in for Overeem if in fact "The Reem" is not cleared to fight. Henderson, meanwhile, will likely fight for the UFC light heavyweight title later this year after Jon Jones and Rashad Evans meet on April 21.
Henderson defeated Fedor Emelianenko in his last Strikeforce fight, earning an early stoppage victory over the former heavyweight kingpin.
- Jim Miller Wants To Be Known As The Best Ever In MMA
- UFC Inks Brazilian Prospect Hacran Dias
- Nate Diaz Earns His Black Belt From Cesar Gracie
- Video: Behind-The-Scenes Look At Jon Jones' Cover Shoot For "UFC Magazine"
- Thiago Alves Talks About Martin Kampmann Loss, Getting Back On Track
- If You Use TRT, Mark Munoz Feels Like You Are Cheating
- Ken Stone-Edwin Figueroa Newest Bout For "UFC On FX 4"
- Alistair Overeem To Appear In Front Of NSAC On April 24
- Video: Todd Duffee Drops Neil Grove At "Super Fight League 2" Event In India
- Video: "Bellator 64" Highlights Include Askren Vs. Lima
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.