Dan Henderson has fielded the question about his age time and time again. On September 1, Henderson will face Jon Jones for the UFC light heavyweight title in the main event of UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson.
Henderson, a former champion in both Pride and Strikeforce, doesn't feel like his age will play any factor against the younger Jones. Instead, he believes it will be more of a chess match.
"I think everybody has painted a picture of a real old guy fighting a younger guy that has been tearing everybody up," said Henderson, during a media conference call on Tuesday. "For me, it's about two different styles fighting against each other. It's more a chess match."
Henderson did say that Jones is a "tougher" fighter to figure out than most because he "uses his body style real well within his fighting style."
"For me, that's a fun challenge to try and figure it all out," Henderson added. "It's more about that than the age. I feel great. My conditioning went perfect and I am feeling great."
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.