- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- Fantasy MLB
- Fantasy NBA
- Fantasy NFL
- Other Sports
- Alternative Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Care
- Medical Treatments
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
Dan Hardy Doesn't Want to Fight Matt Riddle?
An interesting situation came out of Saturday's UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao post-fight press conference. Matt Riddle, who scored a submissin victory over Chris Clements, made a remark about wanting to face Dan Hardy.
Riddle mentioned Hardy's name as a potential future opponent, despite the fact that "The Outlaw" is set to face Amir Sadollah later this year. UFC president Dana White fueled the fire, saying, "I heard Riddle hates English people." Well, things took off from there.
"I will be completely honest. When I fought in Manchester, England, they were very cruel to me. One fan actually spit directly in my face, and he was lucky enough where it hit my mouth," Riddle said. "I don't have anything against English people. But to be disrespected like that, that was the part that really upset me."
White claimed to be, "kidding," when he mentioned the hate Riddle had for England, but things just continued from there. The leader of the UFC added that, "We are definitely making the Dan Hardy fight."
Hardy, however, seems to have little interest in tangling with Riddle, as he posted the following on Twitter. The Hardy-Sadollah contest is set for September 29 at UFC on FUEL TV 5.
"Why the hell would I fight Riddle? There is no value in it for me and I'd be forced to look at him more than I have to now," Hardy wrote. "(In regards to a question about Riddle) another Justin Bieber looking idiot that clearly knows nothing about the sport. One day soon I'm going to have a job where I don't have to listen to the constant jabbering of uneducated idiots being all self righteous."
So, there you have it. Of course, if Sadollah were to go down with an injury in training, Riddle would seem to make the most sense for a replacement, especially after these nice war of words.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline
Sign up for the OV Daily Newsletter