For the second time in the past 24 hours, Gunnar Nelson (9-0-1) has a new opponent in DaMarques Johnson (16-11). Earlier in the day, Nelson's father tweeted that Rich Attonito (10-5) would take the place of the injured Pascal Krauss (10-1). Time restraints forced Attonito to withdraw and Johnson is now in.
"Concerns over making the welterweight limit on short-notice prompted Attonito to withdraw," said a source to MMA Junkie. "That opened the door for Johnson, who earlier today tweeted that he's been booked for his next fight, though he didn't say against whom."
Johnson is 1-3 for the UFC and currently is on a two fight losing streak. Nelson makes his debut for the UFC and besides a draw in his first fight, has no blemishes on his record.
Nelson vs. Johnson is scheduled the preliminary card of UFC on FUEL TV 5 on September 29.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Nick Ring Vs. Constantinos Philippou Added To UFC 154
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Needs More Shows
- Jon Jones Thinks He's Wrongfully Portrayed As The Villain
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline