Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le had said one of his career goals was to earn a win in the UFC. Well, Saturday night at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II, Le did that, downing Patrick Cote for his first career Octagon victory.
White wants Le as part of the November 10 UFC event in Macau, China. UFC on FUEL TV 6 is set to become the first UFC card in China, and White feels like the South Vietnamese-born Le should be included on it.
Le has balanced his MMA career with a movie career that has taken off. He normally fights about once a year, having not been inside the cage since a loss to Wanderlei Silva last November. Le was originally scheduled to face Rich Franklin at this card, but Franklin pulled out to meet Silva. Both fighters won, so that could be a strong possibility as the main event for the FUEL TV card.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- Dana White Admits He Signed Lesnar Because He "Knew He Would Draw"
- Video: UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao Preview
- Video: Preview For UFC On FUEL: Munoz Vs. Weidman Main Event
- Forrest Griffin Talks Running From Octagon, Why He Returned
- Anderson Silva Jokes About His Next Opponent
- Dan Henderson Ready, Willing To Stop The Jon Jones Train
- Anderson Silva Says Controversial Knee Was To The Body
- Steven Seagal Puts Final Words On Silva-Sonnen II
- UFC Adds Gracie Black Belt Gunnar Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.