Cung Le, thanks to his past title reign in Strikeforce and a handful of feature film roles, is one of the more notable fighters in terms of internationally. Le will face Rich Franklin Saturday in the main event of UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin Vs. Le from China, and feels as though the Asian community is ready to embrace MMA.
"If the fights go the way they should, the explosion will begin right away (in terms of the sport in Asia)," said Le, following weigh-ins on Fuel TV Friday. "Look at the card, it's really stacked."
Le knows that Franklin will present a heavy challenge, as he is a former UFC champion. Le earned his first UFC victory earlier this year, defeating Patrick Cote. He was originally expected to meet Franklin, but "Ace" took a fight with Wanderlei Silva instead.
"It's an honor to face him," Le said. "He's big and and strong. I'm not worried about him. It's about what I'm going to do."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- UFC Offering Eight Free Fights Featuring GSP, Carlos Condit
- Nate Marquardt-Tarec Saffiedine Planned For Strikeforce In January
- Eddie Mendez Inks Deal With UFC
- GSP Working With Rory MacDonald For Upcoming Fight
- Carlos Condit Embraces Role Of Underdog For UFC 154
- Video: "In Focus: Franklin Vs. Le"
- Strikeforce To Return January 12, Luke Rockhold-Lorenz Larkin Scheduled
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.