Cub Swanson (17-5) wasn't sure if he was still on the main card of UFC 152 after the news broke that UFC 151 was cancelled, as he was the first scheduled fight. In the end, he kept his spot to open the main card and believes he earned it.
"I see all the names and think this is an awesome card to be a part of," said Swanson on the minkyten's YouTube channel. "I was just happy to be on the card, but the other side of me thought I deserved to be on the main card. I've been stepping up and doing what I got to do. It was a good opportunity for me, so all in all I'm happy and honored to be on the main card. I know I'm going to bring it."
Swanson, who will be fighting Charles Oliveira (16-2-1 NC), feels he has found his place after losing in his UFC debut. He is currently on a two fight win streak since January of this year. Oliveira is also on a two fight win streak since he made the drop to become a featherweight this year.
"I was just floating around the division, having my ups and downs, but at the same time I was coming into my own and really learning how to put everything together," said Swanson. "I feel like it's my time and I'm grateful to all the fans. I'm happy all this hard work is paying off."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Swanson vs. Charles Oliveira takes place September 22.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline