A possible Cris Cyborg-Ronda Rousey collision in the UFC at 135 pounds seems just a dream now. According to MMAWeekly.com, a recent visit to a cardiologist left Cyborg being told she cannot drop to bantamweight for health reasons.
Members of Cyborg's team told the site that the dangers such a drop would place on her body could keep her from carrying a child later in life. The camp said that was a risk Cyborg was not willing to take.
Currently, Cyborg is suspended due to a failed post-fight drug test. She has said much the same in regards to fighting at 135 pounds in the past, but this seems to cement things.
Reports that Rousey has signed with the UFC, and that the promotion has created a 135-pound female division, have yet to be confirmed by the UFC.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Alistair Overeem-Antonio Silva Targeted For UFC 156
- Pair Of UFC Events Receive Venues
- Tom DeBlass Retires From MMA Following Recent Loss
- Jessica Eye's Plan To Defeat Zoila Gurgel And "Be Considered A Champion"
- Bellator Swaps Upcoming Tournament Final Dates
- Vinicius Queiroz's Manager Blames Referee Call Over Recent Loss
- Nike Contract Confirmed For UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.