Former Strikeforce women's champion Cris Cyborg is currently serving out her suspension for a failed post-fight drug test. However, that doesn't mean she isn't keeping an eye on current Strikeforce champion Ronda Rousey.
Rousey is set to defend her title against Sarah Kaufman this Saturday night at Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman from San Diego.
Cyborg has fought at featherweight in the past, but would like to face Rousey. She isn't going to move down in weight classes, though, to get the fight signed and mentioned at 140-pound catch-weight instead.
"I really wanna fight Ronda. I really want to," said Cyborg, while appearing on The MMA Hour Monday. "She says bad things about me. I never say bad things about my opponent. She started at 145, and she's running to 135. She's running to not fight me. When we're in the Octagon, we'll see if she says anything. And if she says anything, I can punch her."
Cyborg's license can be re-applied for in January. She tested positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol after her win over Hiroko Yamanaka. That decision was changed to a no-contest.
- Chael Sonnen Will Face Forrest Griffin In December
- Video: Preview For Second Episode Of "All Access: Ronda Rousey"
- Brian Stann Fires Back At Alexander Shlemenko's Comments
- Alexander Shlemenko Says UFC Fighters Use Injury To Dictate Fights, Calls Out Brian Stann
- ONE FC Releases Complete Fight Card For Next Event
- Bellator Title Fight Between Pat Curran-Patricio Freire Off
- Experience Comes First, Then Championship Gold For Erick Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.