Weidman, who defeated Mark Munoz in devastating fashion earlier this year, is seen by many as the top contender to the 185-pound title. Silva's management, however, doesn't believe Weidman is deserving of a title shot at this time.
While appearing on a recent edition of UFC Tonight, the hosts asked Weidman to make a plea to Silva for a title shot.
"Hey man, just give me a chance," Weidman said. "Obviously, I think I am going to beat you and it is a tough one for me to tell you to do. You had one fight when you got the chance, so just give me my opportunity, just give me the fight."
Weidman believes the UFC wants to make the fight, but Silva's team continues to play hardball. The middleweight division has had several fights announced for the coming months, as Brian Stann will meet Michael Bisping, and Vitor Belfort faces Alan Belcher.
"It is all up in the air," Weidman said. "I am young and I want to make the most of my career. I have a lot of respect for the guy. I think he is the greatest of all time and I look up to him. I think I am the biggest challenge to him and I think his camp knows that and I think he should challenge me."
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.