UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman wants UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Since his win over Mark Munoz, Weidman has heard several other fighters call out Silva, but the majority of them have been placed in other matches.
"Hopefully Anderson Silva," said Weidman, in an interview with Fighters Only Magazine, when asked who is next for him. "There's a good chance of it happening and....yeah."
Weidman, who is undefeated, had the following to say in regards to the Bisping-Stann contest:
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I think Stann is going to be looking for the knockout and I think Bisping is going to have to look to mix it up a little bit here, takedowns and footwork, not stand in his range. Potshot him a little bit. It's an interesting fight and I think either Stann knocks him out or Bisping wins the decision."
As for the Belcher-Belfort contest, Weidman gave Belcher the edge if it goes the distance, while pegging Belfort for the early stoppage.
"If Belcher is able to keep smart in the first round I think he eventually gets the W. But Belfort definitely is a dangerous opponent."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- UFC Gold Remains Mike Swick's Ultimate Goal
- Ed Soares Feels Like Anderson Silva-Nick Diaz Is "Pretty Good"
- Brandon Vera Thought Jon Jones "Sucked" During Their Fight Until...
- Video: BJ Penn Offers Up First Installment Of His Video Blog
- Anthony Johnson Will Face Fellow Ex-UFC Fighter Jake Rosholt In September
- Roy Nelson Posts Interesting List Of Allowed, Not-Allowed TUF Coaches
- Roy Nelson Unsure If UFC Will Approve Of His TUF Coaches
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.