Chris Weidman believes he is the top contender to face UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping. Following his second round victory over Mark Munoz, Weidman and his perfect record seem to make sense.
Others consider Michael Bisping the one to face Silva if he gets past Brian Stann later this year, but Weidman doesn't believe "The Count" shows up against the elite fighters in the division.
"I think he's a really great fighter, I really do, but I question his mentality against top guys when the pressure is on," said Weidman, in a recent interview with Fighters Only Magazine. "Which is pretty much what everyone says about him. He has had chances to fight for the title twice now and he doesn't come through when the pressure is on."
It remains to be seen what is next for Weidman, as Bisping, Stann, Alan Belcher and Vitor Belfort are all slated to face off, while Tim Boetsch remains on the sidelines.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Phil Davis Still Learning From Loss To Rashad Evans
- Matt Serra Feels Like Chris Weidman Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Wants His Title Back From Jon Jones
- Cesar Gracie: Diaz Fighting Silva Not About Title
- Chris Weidman Has Words For Both Managers Of Anderson Silva
- Roger Gracie Says Fighting Tim Kennedy Would Be "Interesting Fight"
- "Road To The Octagon" Airs On Fox Today, Features Rua, Vera, Bader, Machida Camps
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline