Alan Belcher, who lost his opponent for later this year in Vitor Belfort, recently mentioned possibly taking on Weidman in November once he is cleared to resume fighting. That doesn't appear to interest Weidman, however, as Ariel Helwani reported on UFC Tonight Tuesday.
"His response was that he's still hoping and waiting for a fight with Anderson Silva, but the UFC still has not said if he will fight him," Helwani said. "If he can't fight Anderson Silva, he said he would like to fight with a No. 1 contender fighter, but he believes that Alan Belcher isn't that fighter."
Instead, Weidman prefers the winner of Bisping and Stann. Those two middleweights square off September 22 at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. The winner of that fight would than become the top contender, at least in the mind of Weidman.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Stephen Thompson-Besam Yousef Added To UFC 154
- Change Of Camp Has Vitor Belfort Feeling "Young" Again
- Brendan Schaub Wants To Test His Chin Vs. Lavar Johnson
- Chris Weidman More Interested In Michael Bisping-Brian Stann Winner Than Alan Belcher
- Michael Bisping Looking At Brian Stann's One Punch Knockout
- Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos Leaves Strikeforce, Set To Fight In Canada
- Regardless Of Decision Vs. Carlos Condit, Anderson Silva Wants To Fight GSP
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.