Chris Leben's (22-9) UFC return didn't go as planned. The middleweight was defeated via unanimous decision by Derek Brunson (10-2) at UFC 155. It was Leben's return after a yearlong suspension for testing positive for oxycontin after a loss to Mark Muñoz (12-3).
While Leben blamed the loss on ring rust, he was sure to point that Brunson did little to make the fight interesting. He went to his Twitter account to vent his frustration.
i just watched the fight. Hindsight is 20/20 there's def some things i would change about my performance. Coaches game plan was dead on
I just had a little ring rust. But that being said derek brunson is a boring fighter the times he hit me, i let him just to get him to swing
UFC president Dana White was also critical of Leben's performance following the fight. He took partial blame for placing Leben on the main card after being away from action for so long.
Leben has now lost three of his last four UFC fights. His future remains unclear, but White hasn't mentioned a possible release.
- Jon Fitch Sees GSP Defeating Nick Diaz, Facing Nate Marquardt After
- Michael Bisping Reflects On Alan Belcher, Tim Boetsch Fights
- Costa Philippou Targets Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva Winner
- Bjorn Rebney Denies That Paul Daley Is Allowed To Compete For Another Promotion
- Bellator Commitment Removes Renato Sobral From Coaching On TUF: Brazil
- Video: New Promo For The Ultimate Fighter: Jones Vs. Sonnen
- UFC 155 Prelims Generate 1.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.