Chris Leben (22-8) has had a rough year. The years of drug and alcohol abuse finally caught up with him. After Leben was suspended for a year after testing positive for oxycontin, the Hawaiian knew he needed to clean up his act.
"Thank God for [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva and [UFC President] Dana White," said Leben to MMA Fighting. "They helped me. They sent me to rehab."
After a month of inpatient rehab, Leben was transferred to an outpatient treatment. Leben said the battle for sobriety is one that never stops and he takes it one day at a time.
Leben challenges Derek Brunson (9-2) this Saturday at UFC 155 on December 29. They will be the opening fight on the main card from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. FightLine.com will have complete coverage of the entire show.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Daniel Cormier Not Finished With Frank Mir
- Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleader Rachel Wray Joins MMA
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida Hopes For A UFC Return
- Paul Daley Denies Involvement In Bar Brawl, Visa Issues To Blame For Cancelled Fight
- Jon Jones Breaks Top-20 In ESPN's Cross-Sport Power Rankings For 2012
- DREAM - GLORY Supershow Lands U.S. TV Spot
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 155" Complete Episode
- Rematch King Frankie Edgar Weighs In On Cain Velasquez - Junior Dos Santos
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.