Chris Leben has worked himself in and out of trouble inside the Octagon countless times. Now, as he prepares to return from a year-long suspension due to a failed post-fight drug test, Leben is coming clean in regards to a non-fighting issue.
"I'm flat-out broke right now," said Leben, during an interview with MMAMania.com. "Being broke sucks. It's probably one of my biggest things where I just feel terrible. The year's been hard. The year's been a struggle."
Leben was defeated by Mark Munoz last November in England, and was subsequently suspended after illegal painkillers were found in his system. He fought three times in 2011, and three other times in 2010, going 4-2.
"The only thing I can do now is try to make sure it never happens again in the future," Leben said. "It's already happened. It's water under the bridge."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Leben will return to action this December when he faces Karlos Vemola at UFC 155.
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.